Unusual lights have been reported here since 1940s or earlier. Especially high activity of Hessdalen lights took place from December 1981 until the summer of 1984 when lights were observed 15 to 20 times per week. The frequency of the lights caused a gathering numerous tourists staying there overnight to see the phenomenon. Since then, the activity has decreased and now the lights are observed some 10 - 20 times per year.
The Hessdalen light most often is a bright, white or yellow, green light of unknown origin standing or floating above the ground level. Sometimes the light can be seen for more than one hour. There are several other types of unexplained lights observed in the Hessdalen valley. (Coordinates Google Earth: 62.8206 N 11.2013 E ).
Again, UFO-like objects were recorded on Hessdalens's live stream cam on March 8 and 9, 2013. Video
A huge cigar-shaped UFO-like object was recorded on December 1, 2012
Despite numerous working hypotheses, there is no convincing explanation to the origin of the lights and sightings but many people as well as residents of Hessdalen who witnessed the strange lights and unexplained objects, believe that the phenomenon is related to UFOs / UFO portal.
A weird 'UFO' Light Phenomenon Recorded At Hessdalen, Norway on November 11, 2012
However, there are numerous working hypotheses:
1. A combustion process in the air involving clouds of dust from the valley floor containing scandium
2. The lights are formed by a cluster of macroscopic Coulomb crystals in a plasma produced by the ionization of air and dust by Alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere.
3. A product of piezoelectricity generated under specific rock strains because many crystal rocks include quartz grains which produce an intense charge density.
But what if the above hypotheses are not correct and the phenomenon is related to UFOs / UFO portal.
1. "Inside the light I could clearly see the silhouette of a bullet shaped object". "We feel there's something over us. We look up, and there is a twinkling light. It had a green color and it hover over us for maybe five or ten seconds. Then all of a sudden, it takes off".
2. "My husband and I were getting some timber from the valley one night, and then we saw a light. It made absolutely no sound at all. It was just over there, not far at all. The vessel had two lights. It was kind of shaped like a piece of bread. It sure it was no airplane".
In spite of on-going research there is no convincing explanation to the origin of these lights.